Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 49

Hello again!

I honestly don't remember what I have told you and what I have yet to share {my brain seriously hurts}. So, I will just share for a few minutes what has been laid on my heart since I wrote last. 
First a quote that I just think everyone should hear-
 "God wants us to trust Him with abandon. He wants to show us how He works and cares for us. He wants to be our refuge."
Some nights I lay on my sleeping mat and listen to the stupid mouse and wonder why in the world God put me here. I lay there and pray for all of the people back home, for my teammates here in the Philippines and around the world and then I ask God to be my strength. But the end of every prayer always comes back to this - I can't do this without Him and He wants me to realize that. I got to talk to mom today and she told me about all of the people that are praying for me across the country. I just want to say thank you from the very bottom of my heart, it truly means the world.

Team break has been a blessing. It was much needed! There is this yearning for home that I just can't shake {the tears are beginning to come more ofter, sorry teammates!} -but I am excited to finish out this commitment that I have made. 

A few things that I think I may have forgotten to mention on the last post-

We hosted a circumcision day last Friday and Saturday-we were able to "tuli" 23 little boys. On Thursday we hiked to the Family farm-It's not what you would think. I fell three times on the way there-on the way back we carried firewood (trees) and I fell then too {just call me grace!} It is so difficult to put my experiences into one blog post because so much has happened. Plus, I don't need anyone to worry too much; some stories will be better shared once I am on American soil in just a few short weeks.

 I know this was a short post but I will leave you with a verse {look it up!}-

" Busa dili kita magtinapolan sa pagbuhat ug maayo; kay kon magpadayon kita moabot ang panahon nga makaani kita sa bunga niini." Galacia 6:9

Pray that I can focus on the needs of our village without getting distracted by thoughts of home. That God will give me strength and patience. He is a great God!

Ashley-LOVE YOU! Stay strong my love. Bring me good food so we can eat and talk on the way home! Milk and cookies would be nice haha See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...