Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sweet Southern Summer

This summer, I got what some would consider my first "real job". I have worked before but this 5 day a week thing (six counting my Sunday job) took my life by storm. I feel like I hardly have the words to say to describe some of the things this summer has taught me about myself and about my relationship with Jesus.
looking back at some posts, i think maybe i complained too much. the flesh crying out for more comfort. 
some weeks I wished away my summer, instead of being thankful for a place to work.
when kids did things that were completely inappropriate, I had a very hard time not losing my mind (or my temper). Seriously, all you parents out there, I commend you for the things you do every single day. And teachers, you're pretty much saints in my book, too!
It wasn't perfect, but summer was good.

Patience is always something I struggle with and I feel like God worked with me on that one.
I took a step back, slowed down, and Watched kids become enthralled at the sight of a bunny, a goat or a beautiful one eyed horse. 

But in the chaos...
I met new co-workers that became good friends. It's crazy how bad management will bring together a group of employees that have a job to do and 40 kids expecting entertainment for the next 8 hours.
I got to spend the majority of each  day outdoors, in God's beautiful creation. What a blessing. Last summer, there were days when I missed a hot, humid, southern summer and this year I certainly got it. 

As August begins and July fades away, reflect on the things God allowed you to experience this summer. This moments of chaos, beauty, insane sweat and pure love. 

yes, that is a horse.

Six days late, Happy August!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...