Tuesday, October 8, 2013

We've Got Each Other, You Can Count On Me

Yesterday, I had lunch with a long lost friend. Do you have those friends that you can be away from for a substantial amount of time but when you see each other you just pick up where things were left years ago? After my freshman year of college, I made the heart wrenching decision to transfer schools. Why was it so hard you ask? Because of this girl. Yes, we were together almost twenty-four-seven for an entire year and leaving that school meant leaving her. 


Fast forward four years and here we are, seniors in college. We haven't done the best job at keeping up but things are going to change in that department. God placed this friendship in my life for a reason. After I left lunch yesterday, I couldn't quit thinking of how divine God is with his timing and how our lunch date was such the answer to prayer. Friends, never take for granted a godly influence that can speak wisdom into your life. Laughter is good for the soul and sweet shelbs can bring out the laugh in me like no other. We are opposites but we thirst for Jesus. It's the thread that binds our hearts and gives us a reason to send up praises even in sight of misadventure and our greatest trials. 


Thank you Lord for allowing wounds to be healed, stories to be shared and glory to be brought to your name through a friendship. I am so thankful to have a best friend like you, Shelby. Keep investing in the lives of others, all for the kingdom! See you soon.

Love always, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...