Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Shouldn't Be Alive

Earlier this week I made a commitment to a priority time every day, and so far I have stuck with it! I hope any of you who walk with the Lord take time to read the Bible. It is an invaluable tool that I have lived in ignorance of for so long and I am very thankful that God is helping me discover what I have been missing out on. So to all of you out there, keep up the good work! It is time well spent.

so anyways, I have been reading in Mark 5 about a man named Jairus who has a daughter who is dying. Jairus is the synagogue ruler and is pretty well-know throughout his community. On this particular afternoon, Jesus is speaking to an audience of people when Jairus' life is turned upside down. Now I don't know about you but in a crisis situation I would probably call 911 or rush to the hospital, because I would want someone to fix whatever is wrong and make things better. Jairus, however, had a different plan that didn't involve a doctor or any human power. He immediately ran to Jesus in faith that He would help his family. Jesus told Jairus, "Do not be afraid; just believe." What encouraging words! Even though the mourning had already begun for the loss of this precious child's life, Jesus knew this story was not over. He laid his hands on the child and she got up! Jesus then told them to give her something to eat.

Jairus has been an inspirational man of faith to me this week. He stepped out and asked God for a miracle. In our time of need it is often easy to give up hope and faith in the one we know can make all things new. Have you ever felt hopeless? Lost in the world and sure that no one cares about your problems? In these times I encourage you to do exactly what Jairus did and run to Jesus and tell him your needs.

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

Jairus and his wife were completely astonished when they saw their little girl get up and walk. Jesus gave this twelve year old girl new life and He can do the same for you. Once He gave her life, Jesus told Jairus to give his child something to eat, likewise, once you have been given new and eternal life you need the protein of God's word. Knowing you are forgiven in Jesus Christ will make you alive on the inside and His light will shine through you.

Continue trusting God with every problem you face this week. Let Jairus be an example to you during a time of need and give it all to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...