Thursday, May 2, 2013

Here Comes The Whirlwind

I'm putting a serious spin on today's "prompt" because I really want to share what is going on in my study through Hosea. It's day seventeen of the Overcome the Lie challenge and I hope you are still returning to the word and joining in fellowship with this incredible community. 

Day two: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at.

Well, I'm pretty good at being a sinner. I would say I know a lot about it. I'm human, it is inevitable, but most days I embrace it rather than flee from those things in my life that I know should not be there. 

Today, I read through Hosea 8. Israel begins to reap the whirlwind of it's actions and blatant rebellion against God. Reading through this book, the people seem so wicked and vile. Building alters for their sin offerings that have not become alters for sinning. And honestly, they just sound awful. Breaking God's laws and not even acknowledging He is God.

V.14 "Israel has forgotten his Maker and built palaces; Judah has fortified many towns."

How many times do I do this? I have become an expert. Building palaces. Defiling holy alters. How I spend my time is where my life is invested. Social media, blog stats, my pretty instagram page. Building my own kingdom here on earth. 

V.7"They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind. The stalk has no head; it will produce no flour."

When will we learn? We sow the wind, we build idols and we stand firmly in the whirlwind that we will reap. I need to stop. I need to be still with the Lord. No distractions, no Facebook. Take my eyes off of my idols long enough to glimpse the King of Kings. Take my eyes off of my worldly kingdom to view his eternal and mighty Kingdom. 

He waits. He watches. Join me today and sit with Him. Take away your distractions and enter into precious time with our Savior. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! In reality, we are all really great sinners, it's our nature. The difference between you and others is that you recognize it, repent, and strive to be more like Jesus. We'll never be perfect, but we are perfect in His eyes. I'm glad you're blogging about this and sharing your thoughts with us today :)

    Christy
    Sunny with a side of…
    PS. Found you through The May challenge link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot about this topic. I ask God why am I such a materialistic individual when this is only my temporary home. Why must I get caught up in the things that will not follow me when I go Home?

    I know we are human, but it's frustrating to constantly want more and more, which never ever satisfies like the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...