Thursday, May 16, 2013

My Lot in Life

Day sixteen: Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it. 


I suppose this is where a complaint is supposed to be posted. A time for us not let it all out, to vent to the blogger world about something difficult. Yes, there have been some difficult days in the past week or so. Yes, I can complain with the best of them. But today, I just feel thankful for my lot in life. I spent a good part of yesterday at Juvenile Court for the foster care review board meeting. Just walking into the court building makes me want to grab my mom's hand like a small child. It breaks my heart into a million pieces when I look at the faces that surround me. I want to save them all. The unloved, the orphans, the starving, the abused. 

It is life. Life is hard. I say it almost everyday, "how much can one person live through?" People live through some incredible and unbelievable things. 
I do not understand why each person is given the lot in life that they are. 
Why I wasn't the one born to a HIV positive mother in Haiti.
 Why I was born to my amazing family in the United States and why I have been blessed so richly. 

I guess if I could say there is something that I am working to overcome, I would have to say that my lack of patience with those that mean so much to me is at the front of my mind. I owe each of them an apology for my snappy moments and my intolerance for any personality that varies from mine. I am working to overcome it through prayer and sweet conversation with those that love me! Change takes time. How are you working to overcome things in your life that seem impossible to conquer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...