Monday, May 6, 2013

What Does She Do?

Day six: "If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question 'what do you do?'"

This is a good one for me to get to clear the air a little. Considering I don't have a "career" yet, it might be easier for me than others to answer this question. Once I moved back home after my first year away at college, I felt like people around me just look at me like a bum. Maybe it's not true but I have a feeling it is. I talk to people all the time at church that have no idea what I do. Am I still in high school? Really people. It's been almost four years. So here you go:

I am a student. Not just any kind of student, I'm the student that has to be there and ready for report at 6:30 am. Yelled at and emotionally beaten. It sounds like torture? Yeah, it pretty much is. But I enjoy the learning process and getting to put into practice everything that we learn in the lab.


I am a sister. I am a foster sister. I am a lover of all hurt souls. I play babysitter or pseudo-mom for some little ones that have found their way into my life. I get way too attached but I just can't help myself!


I am a missionary. I am a follower of Jesus. I'm not a theological genius, but I love God and I love His people. I am nothing, but Jesus makes me a vessel and a light. And ultimately, that is who I am and that is what I do.


Happy Nurses Day to all my sweet nursing friends & my mama!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...