Friday, March 1, 2013

I'm Just a Dreamer

My dream is to be a nurse. I am in my second semester of nursing school and working very hard for the dream! The question everyone asks when you tell them that you are in nursing school is "what kind of nurse do you want to be?"

The honest answer to that question is, I have no idea. Some people have always know exactly which area they want to practice in - they dream of cuddling premature babies or holding the hand of a dying elderly oncology patient. Let's be real, I'm a little squeamish so it may take some time for me to work up to much of anything that involves blood or smells. I know, it's weird - but I will get through it.

But I really want to do THIS.




Once I graduate {fingers crossed} I plan to get a little experience under my belt in a hospital. They say the best teacher is experience so that seems like a good, safe first step. 

After that, the door is wide open. 

I have stumbled on this thing called Mercy Ships. It's pretty incredible.  
I feel like missions is where my heart lies. The ability to offer a physical fix for health problems opens the door to offer an answer to spiritual problems. 

Lord, send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...