Thursday, March 21, 2013

Shrimp Pasta Alfredo

Recipes are my best friend. Unlike most southern gals, I cannot cook {like at all}. But I'm working on it - I have gotten much better at following recipes {small victories}. When I am given a chance to cook, I go for it, because I need all the practice I can get. Whether you are a seasoned culinary genius or stumbling through the kitchen {like me}, this recipe is a cinch and delicious! It got raving reviews from everybody at this house!

{originally posted at chefintraining}

Spaghetti (I used the high fiber)
1/2 pound frozen shrimp
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 large tomato (diced)
1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms (sliced) 
15 oz jar Alfredo Sauce
1 cup frozen peas
Parmesan (topping)
Salt (to taste)
Olive oil1

- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- While pasta is cooking, put 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and mushrooms in a skillet and cook about 3 minutes.
 - Add shrimp, Alfredo sauce, peas, and tomatoes. Cook about 6 minutes or until shrimp is cooked.
- Drain pasta, add salt to taste, then toss with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put spaghetti on serving plate and top with warm shrimp Alfredo sauce. 
YUM!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...