Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mountain Snow & Baby M

Happy Sunday, blogger world! It's pouring rain outside which is always the perfect excuse for me to blog stalk. Today, I ran across Bloom and I have fallen in love with this sweet girls blog {She will definitely be added to my list of favorites}. Her blogging has inspired me to update everyone on life around here and some new things happening. 

Last weekend, we made the trip up to Sevierville to my family's cabin and to visit my sister at UTK. I had not seen her in nine long weeks and a sister hug was long overdue. While we were there, we got to see a gorgeous snow! Waking up to a white blanket across the mountains was such a sweet blessing. My Mamaw & Papaw were there with us and it was so fun being able to experience snow in the Smokey Mountains for the first time with them! 





 We were sad to say goodbye to Ash, but we shared coffee and a few laughs before heading back to Memphis. All three of us have mid-terms this week, half-way done! {We can do this!!}




Tuesday, mom and I headed out to pick up a dress for a wedding. While we were out, we got the call from DCS to come pick up a little baby girl from the hospital. I was so disappointed that I had to go to class but super-mom headed off to pick up a 7 day old, 6lb 7oz baby girl! My heart is overjoyed that the Lord has placed this little one with us for this season in her life. And although I am always very sad that these precious ones are in state custody, I am thankful for their presence in my life. God has used this ministry to strengthen my faith in so many ways but mostly in letting go of control. With children in DCS custody, you never know when they will stay and when they will go. Each little person grabs my heart, almost the moment they come through the door, and living life with them is a challenging task that the Lord has entrusted to believers and especially to my family. Baby M is now 11 days old and the sweetest little one ever! We will have the first court hearing on Monday and there will be many prayers said for the future of this baby between now and then! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...